Thursday, May 13, 2004

Innocence Lost.

When I first started working, I used to wonder why people can be so detached from their job. I wonder why people can be so bitter about the company they worked for, why they treat their job and the company with such malice. I always told myself no matter what job I am in, I will give my best, I will slog through without any complains and be happy merely at the fact that I have a job.

But I realised that for the last 1 or 2 years, I have lost all hope in my job. I struggled to get to work every morning, I complained bitterly to anyone who bothers to listen about how overworked and underpaid I was, how I had not a single pay rise for the past 3 years. How my salary is peanuts compared to so many other people. And how stressful my job is, facing abusive clients day in day out.

I guess I changed. Or just perhaps, I lost my innocence.