Wednesday, September 08, 2004

New Web Hosting

Right, so my other website, www.ourjojo.net is up for renewal. After 2 years with macecom, I decided it was time to move on. I mean, their site to check my website stats have been down for eternity, and they running Windows, which means if I was to ever setup my own blog site, or my own little forum, it will be a nightmare. Also, I have to pay for a subdomain. Sure, the unlimited bandwidth was attractive, but hey, I don't think my website is ever a heavy traffic site.

So as I was searching for another web hosting site, macecom pulled the plug of my website. Thanks very much! I mean I have been with them for 2 years, gives no trouble to them, and then once the expiry date has been reached, they just pull the plug. Luckily, I always backup my website.

I am more or less settled with hosting it at ipowerweb but I needed them to answer some of my queries. So an email was sent to them on Monday afternoon, and they replied they will get back to me within 24 hours. It is way past 24 hours now, and granted Monday was a US holiday, Labour Day, I think, so I guess I will just give them another 2 or 3 more days. A quick reply to my email is a very major contributing factor on whether I will host with them.