Monday, November 22, 2004

Work and Taxi Drivers

Past two to three weeks have really been crazy for me. It seems like I am the only one who is not on leave. I have to support all our clients alone, and to add to that, there were a couple of migration projects which can only be done during public holidays and weekends. My wife has been complaining that I am hardly around during weekends, and actually I am so sick and tired that I do not even bother to complain any more, save for one incident where I blew up at a client.

I think I am seriously done with support, and my job scope actually says that I should be doing more than just support. Somehow, it seems like I have been doing support more than anything else in my present job. I told myself that no matter what next job I am going for, no more support for me. I have enough of support work.

On another note, working on weekends brings up a very interesting observation. I always take a taxi from my home to the project site and then take a taxi back home. It seems like just because my destination is in the CBD/City area, and it is on a weekend, the first question all taxi drivers asked is if I am going back to work. And when I answered yes, they will shake their head and rant on about how people nowadays are being exploited or they react with a shock expression that I am working on a weekend. I guess not too many does it. Either that or the taxi drivers are just using it to strike up a conversation.