Sunday, October 24, 2004

24th October 2004

Below is a short picture blog of what I did on Sunday 24th Oct 2004.

I had to work in the morning (which I did not take any photos of course), but I manage to chance upon the Action Asia competition that was going on in the morning around the Merlion area.




This guy was preparing to do a flying fox down the Esplanade. Those protuding edges seem sharp.




Here he is gliding down the flying fox. Must be one hell of an experience.




If you try hard enough, you can spot him just before he lands his butt in the water.
Yes, I have a lousy digital camera and yes I am a lousy photographer.




He lands in the water, splashing as he comes to a stop.




A chopper, I believe from the TV crew, was filming the action. In the background is the city landscape.




One of the team crossing the finishing line. Must have been a relief for them.




Then it was off to the Singapore Expo for a Discover Dogs event, where people bring their dogs and have a good time. There were events, stalls etc for all the dog lovers. Most of my photos turned out very poorly, due to poor lighting, except for this shot of a golden retriever. He reminds me of my own dog back in Perth.

And there is a short picture blog of what I did today.