Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Renting DVDs Online II

So I received the first 3 DVD discs from this online DVD rental store, Hollywoodclicks that I mentioned in my entry a few days ago. It came in a small little brown envelope together with another white prepaid envelope that I am suppose to send back with the DVD once I finished watching it. They will then send the next available DVD in my DVD queue list. Pretty neat.

But the problem was, I had a list of DVDs that I want to rent. It included the 4 discs of the first season of Friends. However, they send me the second to the fourth disc. The first disc of Friends must have been not available. Now, if this was a continuous series, like say West Wing, or X-Files, how would I be able to watch the fifth epsiode without first watching the previous four? As for Friends, it is still not too bad, since each one is a self-contained story. Perhaps they might tune to the system so that if the first disc is not available, they do not send me the next few discs in the series.

I just mail them back the first disc that I finished today. Let's see how fast is their turnaround time.