Sunday, July 31, 2005

Kodak Moment

I was doing a bit of grocery shopping with my wife at Jasons in CityHall when I came upon this Kodak stand at the entrance.

It allows you to upload photos via CF card, CDs, diskettes, from handphone etc into it and within minutes develop the photo. Always one to try out new tech stuff, I happily try to upload a photo from my handphone.

The handphone option offers 2 mode, either via 'wireless' or infrared. The 'wireless' here is a bit misleading, does it mean bluetooth or wifi? From the instructions, it says to look for a device named 'Picturemaker'. If it is a device, then it should be Bluetooth. Not wanting to go through all the trouble aligning my handphone to the infrared receiver, I fired up my bluetooth on my handphone, and sure enough, a device named 'Picturemaker' was discovered.

Choosing a nice picture of my dog, I uploaded it. The transfer was fast, and painless. After then on, it was basically just editing the picture, choosing the size of the photo and the quantity needed.

Payment was either by Cashcard or NETS. I opted for NETS, and was quite pleased to find it only costs 50cents per picture. After paying, the picture was developed in less than 30seconds.

Remarkably painless, smooth and very easy to use. Thumbs up from me.